Friday, December 26, 2008

Springtime in the Desert, APRIL 2008


APRIL
We made an impromptu road trip to Fujairah one weekend when we were going a little stir crazy. It is known for its beaches and reef ocean life. Even in April, the sand was so hot it blistered my feet! The boys and I built sandcastles and played dump trucks with a German family we met on the beach while Matt swam out to Snoopy Island (too far for an exhausted pregnant woman to swim) for a little snorkeling.

Matt was brave enough to take both boys to our church’s Fathers & Sons campout in the desert. Lots of running, chasing, and rolling on the dunes.

I was asked to serve in the leadership for the children’s program (Primary) in our church. What a whirlwind experience. I hadn’t had any previous experience working in Primary so I was learning as I went. Our Primary has about 35 children from SEVERAL different countries with vastly different cultures. The common language denominator seems to be English with varying degrees of mastery among our children and teachers. Always a new challenge, always a new adventure, but I am starting to really enjoy the Primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment