
FEBRUARY Jameson turned 4. It’s hard to believe we’ve been parents that long! We celebrated with friends at a dog themed party we held in the common area of our little neighborhood. One of the most popular games was digging in an oversized sandbox, made from a kiddie pool, for prizes. I had come up with the idea, but was still unsure of where to buy sandbox sand, so I started to ask around. I discovered that the only place that sold the sand was a very high end toystore and the cost for the amount I needed would be more than $200. I think my horror snapped some sense into me, because I suddenly realized that we lived in one of the world’s largest sandboxes. Now all I needed was some cheap labor to haul it in from the desert. That’s where Matt came in! He dutifully drove out of town and skulked away onto some back roads where he wouldn’t be noticed shoveling large amounts of sand into shopping bags and loading into the back of his SUV. That’s a dedicated dad!
Jameson loves being a big brother. His top accomplishments for the year: learning to ride a bike, and learning to write his name. He continues to be very outgoing and seems to make friends wherever he goes. I have been impressed this year to learn that he has no apparent fear of performing in front of large groups (he actually seems to thrive on the attention.)
We have joined with some of his friends and their mothers to organize a small co-op preschool. He loves playing outside, books, friends, and most of all, asking questions! I thought it was a phase, but he has yet to let up. Inquiring minds want to know! The latest Jameson-ism: he has a book that tells a story about being a pirate, their lingo, their etiquette (or lack thereof)…so lately when he is hungry he marches into the kitchen and shouts, “Hand over the meat!”
Jameson loves being a big brother. His top accomplishments for the year: learning to ride a bike, and learning to write his name. He continues to be very outgoing and seems to make friends wherever he goes. I have been impressed this year to learn that he has no apparent fear of performing in front of large groups (he actually seems to thrive on the attention.)
We have joined with some of his friends and their mothers to organize a small co-op preschool. He loves playing outside, books, friends, and most of all, asking questions! I thought it was a phase, but he has yet to let up. Inquiring minds want to know! The latest Jameson-ism: he has a book that tells a story about being a pirate, their lingo, their etiquette (or lack thereof)…so lately when he is hungry he marches into the kitchen and shouts, “Hand over the meat!”
No comments:
Post a Comment